Freshman and Sophomores: It is your lucky day! Interclypse loves to engage rising professionals as early as possible. We welcome and encourage your participation in our hiring process outlined below. Additionally, feel free to checkout Exerceo’s Rising Professional Challenge Series for free online mentoring from industry professionals.
Juniors and Seniors: Tired and frustrated by the career fairs already? Does the hiring process seem like a mystery? Most companies only hire candidates with experience. Interclypse differentiates through our hiring process outlined below, requiring no experience! We encourage all who are willing to participate in our process.
The Interclypse difference is our emphasis on employee growth and development through continuous learning, mentorship, and empowerment. Interclypse employees grow in a positive cultivating work environment with endless career opportunities. Let Interclypse empower you by putting you in the driver seat of your career. We look forward to having you join our team.
Interclypse takes an innovative approach to attract and identify top-notch talent. We have partnered with Exerceo as a Sustaining Partner of Exerceo's Cybersecurity, Software Development, and DevOps working groups, and have empowered our employees, and our company, using Exerceo's process of Cultivation (learn more <here>). Exerceo offers free online engagement through their Rising Professional Challenge Series and Rising Leaders Challenge Series.
Another way that Interclypse differentiates is through its hiring process outlined in detail for all rising professionals. Notice that you are uniquely in control of the hiring process with Interclypse!
Attend 75% or more of Exerceo’s Working Group (12 session). You can enroll at enroll.exerceo.org and the schedule is available <here>. This free working group bridges the gap from what you are learning in school and the foundational skills that industry demands.Exerceo’s Working Group
Attend 75% or more of the Interclypse Professional Development Program. You can enroll
<here> which meets every Monday 6pm till 10pm (A minimum of 12 weeks is
required). The Professional Development Program is an immersive environment that employs our
handcrafted unique formula for success called "Immersion." Following the model of Cultivation, we
have been refining the process continuously since 2007. The Professional Development Program seeks
to provide candidates an open, nurturing environment to continue honing their skills, both technical
and managerial. The Immersion experience exposes candidates to a variety of challenges throughout
the process. We have often been heard reminding participants: if it was easy, everyone would be
Interclypse Professional Development Program
Demonstrate the following skills acquired through the Professional Development Program:
- Dual boot Linux (Fedora) on your laptop.
Demonstrate proficiency with Linux by completing the first ten levels of OverTheWire's Bandit: overthewire.org/wargames/bandit
- Plan and communicate when you are going to be absent.
- Arrive willing to learn, with a positive attitude and cooperative to others in the group.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the software development processes which include using Agile tools to claim, comment, and move your tickets through completion, including testing and final deployment into production.
- Demonstrate proficiency using configuration management by creating, rebasing, and pushing branches to the centralized revision control system repository.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency with the "vi" editor by being able to successfully complete document changes, and the ability to save those changes.
- Understand which system and application logs to look when you are debugging problems in code or on a server.
- Be able to make basic website updates that include HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Understand classes, interfaces and other object oriented constructs, while also being able to demonstrate good programming practices.
- Be able to independently complete tasks and solve problems as judged by your Mentor.
- Receive a job offer from Interclypse or collaborate with Interclypse to gain employment at one of our partner organizations.